Addiction. A poem by Edem Ametefe



We all have something we’re trying hard to stop. Yes there’s that addiction staring at you day in day out. Brace yourself and tell it, ‘It’s time to part ways’ . Enjoy this piece from Edem Ametefe

It's you again in my head
Creating a turmoil that has no resolution
Yet I keep having illusions by you
Telling me it's alright
When actually this is a millionth time I fall
I fall to this deceitful utopia you create
Oh yes the pleasure is intense
The aftermath too bittersweet with regret
You give me a mask for 2 stages everywhere
My front stage appearing so white without a tint
My backstage scarred with battles I try winning over you.
Why won't you let go of me
You crawl up my bedside like a nightmare
Your grip gentle yet leaves scalds
I guess I have the power over you
But you have the will to let me go
Dear Addiction it's time to part ways
I know our separation is lethal but promises eternity.
Time to be proud of my scars
For your scars are to remind me to forget of you
Never to taste of your forbidden fruit..




Comments

Post a Comment